Essential Oil Fly Spray Recipe
Here is a natural fly spray recipe I received from a friend. If you want to try it I have essential oils available to order on my website.
Fly spray recipe using essential oils - To make a 32 oz bottle mix the following:
- 10 drops citronella essential oil
- 8 drops lavender essential oil
- 8 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 3 drops of a natural biodegradable dish soap
- Fill rest of bottle with 50:50 vinegar and water
You can dilute this a little if your horse is sensitive to products. Use in conjunction with a good fly mask and even a fly sheet when the biting fly season is in full swing. Use caution around face so you don’t get it in their eyes. It can also be sprayed on their bedding if no food, water or hay are in the stall. The oils are beneficial in many ways besides being a fly deterrent.