RockTape H2O has an enhanced adhesive that was initially developed for water polo where there is both grappling and water involved. RockTape H2O is popular for:
- practitioners in who are working in higher humidity climates
- sweaty or wet conditions
RockTape H2O can be used as therapy for both horse and rider. Some benefits include managing pain, reducing swelling and/or edema, increasing joint range of motion, normalizing muscle tone, and maintaining a level of functionality throughout the rehabilitation process.
RockTape may benefit the below treatments and activities:
- Muscle Strain or Tear
- Muscle Stiffness assist to decrease pain
- Post Acupuncture / Body Work Inflammation
- Prolong the Effects of Myofacial Release
- Tendonitis, Tendonopathy or Desmitis
- Rehabilitation, Management and/or Prevention of Movement Dysfunctions
- Reduce swelling and bruising
Safety: It is important to note that some horses may behaviorally react to the RockTape, just as they would a nuisance fly on their skin. This is due to the horse’s highly evolved proprioception mechanism that is regulated and monitored from receptors located in the muscles, tendons and joints. Always position yourself in a safe place in relation to the horse when applying RockTape Equine. It is advisable to lunge the horse after the tape has been applied to determine the effect of the tape on the horse, prior to riding.
Unlike rigid tape, which many people find too stiff and restrictive, RockTape is stretchy and is quickly becoming the preferred tape used to treat and then prevent the recurrence of injuries. RockTape can be used by everyone. It provides functional support while allowing full range of movement.
Key features of RockTape:
- Hypoallergenic - no zinc oxide or latex
- Water resistant - can be worn for up to 5 days
- Stickier, hypoallergenic adhesive
- 180% stretch to allow full range of movement
- 97% cotton, 3% Nylon 6/12, low moisture absorption
- The properties of different colors and patterns are the same.